Introducing Albuterol-based Inhalers
Albuterol inhaler is a medical device designed to be used in the treatment of asthma, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and several other respiratory disorders. It is mainly used to relieve the acute symptoms caused by these conditions or to prevent these symptoms from appearing in the near future, but not directly reduce the severity of recurrent outbreaks or control the condition long-term.
Other than that, Albuterol (Ventolin Inhaler) is portable, convenient and easy to use, making it an easy fit into every asthma patients' pocket. Some choose to buy Albuterol no prescription online, but such a purchase should only be done if you are absolutely sure this medication will be helpful in your condition.
Other than that, Albuterol inhaler possesses the following traits:
- Most albuterol based inhalers can be used by both adults and children, and have only a few contradictions to speak of.
- One of the key factors that contribute to the efficacy of treatment with Albuterol is the precise execution of the technique used to operate the inhaler properly. Learning the required procedures is paramount to getting good results from the using Albuterol, and if you are having problems with these techniques, your doctor may recommend using a spacer to aid in the use of the inhaler.
- HFA Albuterol inhalers are usually manufactured in the form of an MDI (standing for metered dose inhaler). These devices are designed to dispense the "puffs" of medication to aid in dosing it properly, and have a built-it counter that aids in tracking the number of remaining doses.
- Albuterol is highly effective in situations when your symptoms are caused by a bronchospasm or related complications, but may otherwise be ineffective if you are suffering from a different problem caused by the disease.
- It may be more beneficial to buy Albuterol no prescription online if you plan on using this type of inhaler for extended periods of time, preferably - as per your doctor’s instructions. Purchasing it in bulk may greatly reduce the overall price you will have to pay for the whole course of treatment.
Detailed Explanation of How Albuterol Works
Albuterol belongs to the class of drugs known as bronchodilators, which may be interpreted as "drugs that cause dilation (widening) of the bronchi". Bronchi are the passage tubes that carry air from the throat into the lungs; they vary in size and length, forming a complex system that allows the organism to get enough oxygen while keeping foreign substances out of the lungs.
Asthma patients and people with similar respiratory conditions may suffer from several dysfunctions that affect the bronchi, including:
- Constriction of soft muscle tissue that surrounds the bronchi. These muscles become tense and constrict due to the increased sensitivity of bronchial passage lining, essentially leading to an event called a bronchospasm when an aggressive irritant or allergen is inhaled. When constricted, the muscles cause the bronchi to narrow significantly, reducing the amount of air that is allowed to get in and out of the lungs.
- Inflammation of airway tissue. Certain disorders and complications of asthma and COPD cause the airway tissue to swell and inflate, narrowing or blocking some of the affected bronchial passages in addition to the radical increase in sensitivity to stimulation via foreign objects and substances.
- Increased secretion of mucus and other fluid compounds. Normally, the amounts of fluid needed to keep the airway tissue moist and capable of absorbing any unwanted substances does not pose any problem to the person's breathing capacity. But in some cases the organism may produce extreme amounts of these fluids, causing persistent cough and making it harder to breathe freely.
Albuterol works only on the first, arguably the most significant component of a respiratory disorder. When the inhaler is used, albuterol spray will quickly spread throughout the airways and lungs, forcing the soft muscles that surround the airways to relax, removing the effects of a bronchospasm or an asthma attack. This medication however will have little to no effect on the other two potentially dangerous components of the disease, possibly making it necessary to take other drugs in addition to Albuterol.
If you prefer to buy Albuterol inhaler online, keep in mind that you may need to ask your healthcare provider if this medication alone will be sufficient to control your symptoms.
Albuterol Dosage Indications
Whether you are using Albuterol inhaler to treat acute symptoms of asthma or use it for maintenance of your COPD symptoms, the dosage normatives are essentially same.
The one standard dosage for Albuterol consists of:
- Two puffs from Albuterol inhaler, used every 4-6 hours, as needed. This dosage should not be exceeded for any reason.
To clarify, whether you Albuterol inhaler online or acquire it from a local pharmacy, you will most likely need to use the dosage above for any type of condition or disorder.
There are, however, several noteworthy attributes to every type of treatment:
- If you only treat acute symptoms when they arise, use the inhaler as soon as needed, but not more frequently than every 5 hours on average. if you find that you need to use Albuterol more frequently then indicated, you will need to contact your doctor and ask if you should continue your current course of treatment.
- If you use Albuterol to control the symptoms of your respiratory condition, be it asthma, COPD, or emphysema, you should use the inhaler every 4-6 hours, prioritizing on taking an inhalation before going to bed and after waking up. Otherwise, you will need to follow your physician's instructions to fully benefit from this type of treatment.
- Should you need to use Albuterol to prevent an exercise-induced bronchospasm, you should use the inhaler 15-20 minutes prior to starting your workout. Again, the maximum of two puffs per 5 hours should not be exceeded.
* Note that the aforementioned dosage is only applicable for adults. Children will need to follow the doctor's instructions as to the personal treatment plan that was prepared for them. Adults may in some cases benefit from a different drug dosage or treatment regimen than the one indicated above. Whether you buy Albuterol inhaler online or purchase it locally, you will need to follow your doctor's instructions for it to work as intended in your personal case.
Using Albuterol to Suppress an Asthma Attack
Albuterol-based inhalers are in most cases an essential part of any form of asthma treatment, since they are about the only guaranteed solution to fight off a severe asthma attack or bronchospasm. However, in order to fully benefit from the effects an Albuterol inhaler provides, it is essential to use it at the right moment. Specifically, the ideal time to use an inhaler is when the early signs and symptoms of an attack arise. That way, you will not need to use the medication too frequently and will be able to completely counteract any adverse reactions if you stay conscious of the changes in your or your child's health. Knowing these preliminary warnings is especially important if you buy Albuterol online.
- Frequent, worsening cough, especially at night.
- Escalating breathing difficulties often accompanied by growing tightness in the chest and feeling out of breath.
- Feeling week, tired, or out of breath when exercising, if you current workout does not usually cause you to feel that way.
- Sudden onset of allergy-like symptoms such as runny nose, teary eyes, nasal congestion, or sore throat.
- Feeling of anxiety, nervousness or panic that should not have been caused by your current environment or circumstances.
To make sure all bases are covered, the following guidelines refer to some of the more ambiguous and infrequent symptoms of an asthma attack.
- Wheezing or whistling sound may be heard when breathing, as early as several minutes before more severe symptoms of an asthma attack onset.
- Some people may feel that their chin is itchy even before basic initial symptoms of an attack such as cough or breathing difficulty onsets.
- Mood changes, grumpiness, irritability, can sometimes indicate that the organism is suffering from lack of oxygen, which is a solid early sign of an attack.